As we start a new semester, and looking back on last semester, what is one thing that you intend to do differently? Make this goal something you can measure, realistic and specific.
Part 1- The Digital Cameras (10 min)
3 types of camera in the school
Still/video - good for images & importing, bad for sound
SD video - good for importing, bad for sound
HD camera - good for picture + sound, LONG IMPORT TIMES
Pass around and encourage experimentation with menus and settings. The more you know about the camera the less magic it is.
Par 2 - Best Music Videos (20 min)
Four of my favorites all have something in common, the long tracking shot.
Janet Jackson - When I Think of You (highly choreographed)
Massive Attack - Unfinished Symphony (longest? some un-choreographed?)
Pharcyde - Drop (reverse!)
Lil’ wayne - A Milli (choreographed?)
Part 3 - Favorite music video? (40 min)
Use youtube to find you favorite video. Use the “embed code” to put it on your blog in the HTML view. Watch the video and respond to the questions below; paste those responses on your blog as well.
- What is it that you like about the video (the visuals)? Be specific.
- What makes the video unique? In other words why did you pick it over all of the other videos on the internets?
- What is the setting of the video? What does this setting say about the artist(s)?
- Are there any extras in the video? What purpose do they serve?
- What is the general plot / story of the video?
- How does the video relate to the song?
- Is it important that the video relates to the song?
- What camera movements and angles are used? Why do they choose these camera movements?
- What kind of lighting is used in the video? How does it effect the mood of the video?
- What do you think was technically difficult in making this video?
- What do you think was technically easy in making this video?
- What is the best part of this video?
- What is the worst part about the video?
- What would you do differently if you were making this video? Would you use the same setting, props, costume, extras?
- What is one thing that you want to stay the same?